Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pickles, of course!


This my favorite Pub treat …. a Ploughman's platter!
Usually a thick slice of ham, a wedge of sharp cheddar,
a little salad, crispy bread or a baguette,
and always,
always, a generous helping of chutney.
Some of the fancier pubs might offer hard-boiled eggs or a slice of pork pie.
During our many years in London I have tried all sorts of onion chutney,
from the cheapest grocery store brand to the most expensive fresh market brands.
The best, by far, is the one we get at our local Belgravia Pub!


It's 'chunky'!  I thought maybe they cut up those pickled onions to make 
the chutney so 'chunky'.

So, I finally asked! 


It is not onion chutney at all…
It is, buy it in any grocery store,
Branston
Original Pickle

Pickles, of course!
This will be in my suitcase heading home this time! 



1 comment:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Most people would bring back Scotch or Pimms... Nope, Lolly is toating pickles!
I hope you get through security!