Sunday, May 16, 2010

Arundel - the perfect day trip!




Home to the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk and their five children, Arundel Castle is the perfect example of "living history". Within its 11th century fairytale walls with towers and turrets lives a modern family...and that is one of things that makes this castle special. I learned that The Duke of Norfolk is the Earl Marshal of England. This means he is responsible for presiding over major state occasions such as the Opening of Parliament, coronation of the monarch in Westminster Abbey, or maybe an upcoming wedding.







The Collector Earl's Garden is a new attraction opened by HRH the Prince of Wales, "It stands alone, to be pleasing timeless and memorable"







This picture is for Haley...remind you of any place you have been lately?

2 comments:

A Tale of Two Cities said...

What fun! I must put it on my bucket list. Did you go inside the castle too?

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Arundel~ Sounds like Irondale when I say it :-)
That looks like a new necklace, can I borrow it?

Where have you been? Call me, Kindle and I leave Tuesday and haven't talked you into coming to Venice yet.