Tuesday, June 4, 2013

2 Day trip to Paris ~ Fat Bike Tour

The chance to go to the French Open in Paris...
AND go on the Fat Bike Tour...
sign me up!

I didn't tell her but my plan was to let Sandra lead and I would follow. Both of us were a little apprehensive about "doing" Paris on our own. I have had some, let's say "unpleasant" experiences in the city but we were willing to tackle the adventure of the Eurostar, the Metro, hotel check-in, restaurants, a tour, and a day at the Roland Garros stadium together.  It was a fabulous trip!!!
First, the Fat (butt) Bike Ride......


........ even though the forecast was ominous, with clouds threatening rain any minute! 


(In honor of the Fat (butt) Bike ride!)  

We met our enthusiastic tour guide on the south side (?) of the Eiffel tower and followed him to pick up our bikes AND ponchos!  I have to admit, I was a little fearful of riding a bike around this busy city full of 4 lane roundabouts, with rain blowing sideways, rushing water in the streets,  and a plastic poncho blowing behind me, but hey...
I was following Sandra!   





~With a break for an afternoon treat of Croque Monsieur, apple tart and a glass of wine in a quiet park~


I really did FOLLOW her!  


And at the end of the day, we made it! 

I would recommend the Fat Bike Tour to anyone who wants to see Paris from a different perspective!

Next, THE French Open, a major grand slam tennis tournament .......







2 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

How could the two of you NOT have fun?

A Tale of Two Cities said...

That must have been a blast!