May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and....
Tucker and Sammy knew it was going to be a good Christmas Eve and planned to stay in the kitchen.
I spent too much time this holiday looking for those special recipes, including this one for the
"Perfect Standing Rib Roast".
I have made a New Year's Resolution to produce a "Holiday Cookbook" (for my family!) with ALL of our favorite recipes in ONE place. I will need to include things like Grandmother's cornbread dressing, Aunt Eloise's nuts and bolts, Geki's pecan tassies, Sandi's cardamon cookies, and all of our new favorites!
The Perfect Standing Rib Roast
1. Bring the roast to room temperature - set on counter 3 hours before cooking time
2. Do the math....weight x 5 = minutes cooking time (9lbs x 5 = 45 min.)
3. Preheat oven to 500 degrees
4. Salt and pepper roast, bone side down in roasting pan
5. Place roast in the 500 degree oven, close the door,
after ?? minutes (45 in our case)
TURN THE OVEN OFF AND DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR
FOR 2 HOURS!
Do not peak! You will notice that we used a meat thermometer just in case.
IT WAS PERFECT!
In every way!