Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quite Saucy

It's that time of the year again....a 3 hour bus ride to Stoke-On-Trent for the sales at all our favorite pottery places. For those making the trip for the first time it can be overwhelming, For others (some of whom have made the trip at least 5 times!), the lists come out and the mission begins!
Becky is shopping for those extra pieces of Spode Blue Italian - recently bought out by Portmeirion. This is her wedding pattern, and she is following in her Mother's footsteps with a whole collection of this Blue and White China safely packed away in storage waiting for her return to the States. (This only reminded me that my girls laughed when I pulled out my wedding china at Thanksgiving...)
Portmeirion is always a popular stop! But my favorite is Emma Bridgewater!
I purchased a few more baking dishes and bowls for my collection: Toad-in the-Hole & Cottage Pie (inside) Baked Eggs & Onion Tart...... Apple Crumble & Lemon Meringue (inside) Banana Bread & Butter Pudding...... Mashed Potato & Peas (inside) Spring Greens & Calabrese..... And my favorite ....... a gravy pitcher..... Quite Saucy!
I did not know until someone pointed out to me that the recipes for all these great British dishes are on the back of each dish. A bonus!!!

1 comment:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Bonus!
Those are darling ~ and a little saucy :-)