Tuesday, January 4, 2011

the Snow Plow cometh....


For those of you living in cities NOT equipped for Winter snow storms (London, Birmingham, or Houston!) you might not be accustomed to seeing the flashing lights or hearing the "beep-beep" as the snow plow backs up and readjusts to crush the ice in your driveway. Believe me when I tell you ...he can be your BEST FRIEND!

.....and your mailbox's worst enemy!





Some of our neighbors have already done a fine job of repairing their mailboxes. Remember the ground is frozen so you can't just dig a new hole...until Spring











But the MAIL MUST GO ON!

3 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That is funny~
I hope your mailbox is still standing... so I'll know which doorstep to show up on
in
2days!!!
Note to self... pack the long johns.

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Sounds like it's a dangerous thing to be a mailbox in your part of the world. Come down here to Houston and warm up a bit before heading to London.....

Debi

Elaine said...

What a cute post.....never thought about the dangers of winter weather to mail boxes! I live here in Phoenix AZ where a snowflake or two is Big News! Consequently I love to read about people in other parts of the country/world that are experiencing things differently than I am. Obviously you're enjoying your winter with a little humor! :)