Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The pasta aisle!









OK, when did the pasta aisle become so confusing?  You girls in London can't imagine the choices - and don't even get me started on the cereal and coffee aisles!  My nutrition Guru, Jeni H. has taught me to look for whole-wheat but with Rick's diet of no-wheat, that became a challenge - face it , pasta became a challenge!  But he's in London (Miss You!) and it's summer and I spotted some fresh (from somewhere other than here) tomatoes and my mind went straight to my Mom's Simple Summer Macaroni Salad.  Pure comfort food....home grown tomatoes, chunks of ham, green pepper, celery, and the almost extinct, Miracle Whip.  No basil, mint, or cilantro for flavor, just salt and lots of black pepper. I just could not bring myself to use Whole grain or multi-grain plus omega 3, and I knew better than plain white elbows, so I tried the NEW Smart Taste..."a delicious durum semolina flour plus 3x the fiber and calcium equal to an 8 oz. glass of milk".   That about covers all the food groups, right?  It has to sit in the fridge for a while so I'm waiting.  The true test will be whether C & H eat it, Doug will eat it - he eats everything!  








1 comment:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

No peas?
Not sea shell pasta?
I bet you had to put your glasses on to read all those labels... they probably thought what is that crazy lady doing?