Thursday, March 5, 2009

A side trip to Pensacola




The Colonel had to have surgery and as it turned out, Miss Jane had the flu so I flew into Birmingham and my sister, brother-law, and I took a little side trip to the Veteran's Hospital in Pensacola, Florida. This week I've had a little warm balmy breeze, including a few "Bushwackers" and returned to a foot of fresh snow and 20 degree weather in Boston.




If you are ever driving through Pensacola be sure to visit the downtown area...Seville Square, Rosie O'Grady's, Joe Patty's Seafood Market.....and a new place we found!
The name of the shop is "DUH!" but really it should be "OOH-AHH!" because it is full of unique and beautiful furnishings...everything from pottery to chandeliers. It was just what my sister and I needed to distract us between hospital visits. I can't believe my family has been making this trip to Pensacola for years and we have never stopped in to see this place. It will be on the agenda for our beach trip this August along with a lunch of Ya-Ya Cheese Grits with Grilled Shrimp at the Fish House!









No comments: