Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Summer Picnic and Pimm's

Saturday the rain held off for the annual EY Summer Barbeque. This year it was held at the Fulham Palace, about a 20 minute bus ride from us. It is not often that the whole group gets together and it was really nice to have families there.



This is a good picture of me and some of my new EY friends Jeni and Jill.

On the other hand.....




These two pictures are not that good but I just wanted to point out that the guys Rick works with have a lot in common- and that is all I'm going to say about that! I also wanted Haley to see that some kids accompany their parents to fun events like a "Firm" picnic. Ken and Kelly's daughter will attend U of Florida and seems to be enjoying the conversation with her Mom and Anne ......and a Pimms!



Ahhh..the British quintessential summer cocktail - Pimm's and Lemonade served in a tall pitcher! At the party it was served with chopped fruit (instead of sliced) and it was more like Pimm's and a fruit salad - we LOVED it! I must admit I was trying to use my straws like chopsticks to get to the fruit. The bottom of the glasses were full of the traditional orange, lime, strawberry, cucumber, and mint. I am bringing this tradition home with me!

PS I apologize to Aunt Sancy because this blog is going to sadly remind her that her bottle of Pimm's from the London Airport ended up soaking her suitcase and running down the luggage carousel. You will just have to make a trip to Boston in August to share a pitcher! XOXO

2 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Be very careful with that Pimms~ it can make a nasty mess!
Fun pictures!

Unknown said...

why is this pimms bottle diffrent?