Friday, June 6, 2008

ARRIVEDERCI!





No matter how carefully we pack and choose the most comfortable shoes, a day on cobblestones requires a good foot soak...even if you are young! This is a picture from 2 years ago when we met Christy after her semester in Italy, one of us has gotten a bit broader.



While my tiny washer is running once again so that I can re-pack my bags for Boston I thought I'd post just a few pictures of the countryside as we drove from Florence to Montisi, with a side trip to Sienna. The pictures just don't do justice to the green rolling landscape scattered with poppies but when I close my eyes I can still see Tuscany on a beautiful afternoon. The day we left we could see that the fields were beginning to be harvested and soon would take on the golden color of dried wheat.





No comments: